Friday, January 09, 2009

There is a Way to be Good Again

"There is a way to be good again. "
the kite runner

The atrocities in Gaza is now bewildering but lets not focus on the atrocities...let's actually try to make a difference.It's always so easy and so fashionable to pity and say "oh how sad" when we see victims of war but how often have we truly lifted a finger to help...

Dear All

I call out to all of you to please seriously donate some money no matter how small to the plight of the innocent in Gaza.Don't think about it...do it now. Call your friends and collect the amount...

Alot of you when contacted by me said to me"...no friend sorry...I am abit tight this month, I didn't receive a good end year bonus etc etc etc..." I feel so sad to know why are we so adverse to helping someone...other than ourselves


Please friend...all of us has monetary woes...but we still live in peace, we spend eleven bucks on cinema tickets, we spend good money on starbucks and most of us now are spending relatively immodest amount on buying our new year clothing.Don't say you don't have money...don't be stupid...spend less on lunch, resist buying that one more shoe that you don't need and send the money to help someone have another chance...

Please consider this...in the goodness of your heart can you give even if ten ringgit to help save a child's life...to buy medicine...to buy plaster...to help a child see another sunrise...help give him a hope for a future...

A jug fills drop by drop. Buddha


Imagine how grateful you will feel if you were on the receiving end...and your life was spared or your pain relieved...

I will be collecting from among my friends to send to Mercy Malaysia accounts. You can see me personally to put money into my collection box to be sent together or you can alternatively send the money directly yourself. Please make cheques payable to MERCY MALAYSIA. CIMB account number: 1424-000-6561053. For more information, please contact 03-2273 3999.

Please friend...together perhaps we can make a change and oppose the idiocity that is war and our very very flawed human preoccupation in fighting our own brothers....



"we must not sit still and look for miracles.Up and doing and the Lord will be with thee"
John Lubbock

War doesn't negate decency. It demands it, even more than in times of peace.
from the Kite Runner

1 comment:

Greg Wee said...

Hey Linus, can't get thru to your two numbers lah. I dropped a message on your facebook already. Please call me.

Followers

nuffnang

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Living Life to the full...I hope to live by the principle that success doesn't mean making a tonne of money though I am blessed that i do make a decent sum...but success equates to appreciateing all the God given wonder this world has to offer before my time is up...