Thursday, September 04, 2008

SEQUOIA


I used to think really proudly that we have really big trees in malaysia...so when my tour guide said that we are going to see the sequoia and it was one of the biggest trees I'll ever see...my ignorant and arrogant 'malaysian kiasu' side was like yeah rite...it be nothing next to one of our big MALAYSIAN rainforest trees...

Then as we arrive and I jumped down from the van I was like okay...so these trees are pretty big and tall....

Then my tour guide brought me to see this monster...and I was like awe-struck....

yes, I ate my words....And that tree wasn't the sole tree in the park that size....there were many other gigantic trees in the park and there were some that even had a hole cut in the middle of it that you can walk through and it is still surviving....

Some of the facts of the trees were dumbfounding...

Some of the trees are 3000 years old, they were here before the pyramids, the birth of christ and before the mayans.

One single gigantic sequioa equates to as much lumber as an acre of oak....luckilly for the sequoia, it is very fragile and undurable wood...the wood can only be used for things like pencils and minor stuff.

The tree has a 1 foot thick bark that can withstand forest fires.

Yeah...it's a awesome sight to behold....so if you have the opportunity to travel and feel like seeing some awesome trees...look up the sequoia at yosemite national park.

2 comments:

Cmate said...

Gigantic tree man! Coolies! Would make a perfect tree house for real living.

cooknengr said...

Hey, you still here in L.A. area? If you need anything, let me know..see if I can help. ...we Kuching Lang, sama sama!

cooknengr@hotmail.com

Followers

nuffnang

About Me

My photo
Living Life to the full...I hope to live by the principle that success doesn't mean making a tonne of money though I am blessed that i do make a decent sum...but success equates to appreciateing all the God given wonder this world has to offer before my time is up...