Saturday, June 11, 2005

Starlight Cinema Froggie Style

Apologies for being away...am busy as usual, but sometimes I do wonder if I am really really busy. I still had the time to play with a film projector and did the following...

I recently bought an old film projector...something that was thrown off the shelves when video became the hot item of town...yes, it's that old....now I spend hours fiddling away at it's knobs and sprockets...hehehehehe....it still really amuses me how 24 frame of film can pass the projector light in a second!!!

The other night at about 4 am I got hold of and screened the rushes of my brother's new short film 'wicked'onto the wall of my house. As it was a film projector and was meant for distant throws I cannot get an image any larger than a 29 inch TV even while throwing from the one wall of my apartment to the other...then suddenly I got a silly idea...I turned the projector around and wallah! I projected it right out of my window across to the other apartment block opposite mine...I was estatic and jumping about like a monkey...it was a cinema paradiso moment for me...

I ran and knocked at my housemate room...they don't sleep early either...and said...look out of the window! My housemate was worried a neighbour might call the police...then again they probably hoped the police take this psychopath away...

I believe no matter how busy we are and how little sleep we are already getting,we should make time for the needless and silly things in our lives and it is in this random creation of myriad wonder that adds flavouring to life...or at least doing so does amuses this silly little frog.

I wonder if anyone was watching the twenty minutes I ran it...ree-bit!

NOTE: Wicked shot on 16mm is the followup to crook and is currently awaiting its turn to be cut on steenbeck afterwhich it will pass strigent aaron quality control to see if it's viewable before it gets any screening....

No comments:

Followers

nuffnang

About Me

My photo
Living Life to the full...I hope to live by the principle that success doesn't mean making a tonne of money though I am blessed that i do make a decent sum...but success equates to appreciateing all the God given wonder this world has to offer before my time is up...